PlayStation4 Sales Surpass 30.2 Million Units Worldwide
Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. have announced that they have now sold more than 30.2 million units of their PlayStation4 (PS4) computer entertainment system. This announcement is based from sales data, collected in Japan, North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia, between the release of the PS4, and 22nd of November 2015. This means that PS4 continues to be the fastest growing Playstation to date.
Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. have also announced, that these 30.2 million PS4 owners are spending a greater period of time playing games, and enjoying entertainment content available on the platform, and went on to suggest that they will continue to enrich the content and services available to users of the PS4, promising to deliver entertainment experiences that are only possible on PlayStation.
Andrew House, President and Global CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc states that "We are sincerely grateful that gamers across the globe have continued to choose PS4 as the best place to play since launch two years ago," and also "We are committed to bringing engaging games and entertainment services to users worldwide. Thanks to the support of our partners, PS4 continues to be the premier platform for game and interactive entertainment innovation."
Several new games are set to release during this forthcoming holiday season and the first quarter of the new year.
- Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, set for North American and European release in early December.
- Rainbow Six Siege, set for North American and European release in early December.
- Gravity Rush Remastered, set for Japanese release in December, and for North American and European release in early February
- Dragon Quest Builders, set for Japanese release at the end of January
- Ryū ga Gotoku: Kiwami, set for Japanese release at the end of January
- Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, set for Worldwide release in March